Sunday, January 21, 2007

I've been tagged by Patricia at www.dinetahtrails.com/blog to tell y'all 5 things you probably don't know about me...

1. I lived in New Orleans for a year when I was 15. A friend lived on Bourbon street so I practically lived in the French Quarter when I wasn't in Catholic school. (We're not religious, but you can't go to public school there if you want an education). It was a heckuva lot of fun. Not the Catholic school though! To make it horse related, that friend also had a filly named Georgia boarded at the stables by the zoo, and we got to help get all the horses ready for Mardi Gras.

2. I am HORRIBLY shy. Just not in text. And not when talking horses!

3. I totally made fun of people who looked like cowboys when I was younger. (My friend Carrie had a really good one - she called the big rodeo belt buckles tombstones for dead meat. Heehee...) In fact, I once had a mohawk and later had partially royal blue hair. But I still loved horses.

4. Okay, so I asked my husband for help on this and he said. "You have a foot fetish... A HORSE foot fetish!" I am really into hooves, and I'll be going to farrier school next year.

5. When I was 2 years old my sister and I used to CONSTANTLY bug my mom to let us ride our goat, Mitzi, since we didn't have a horse. She never let us.

Gosh, this has been fun. Don't be surprised if I subject you to a longer list one of these days...

And just for fun, here's a not too great picture of Tonka on January 14th. His butt looks all teeny-weeny, but it isn't as bad as it looks. Hey! John and I were visiting with them today, and he noticed that Tonka and Danni's rumps are about the same height. So maybe I'm looking at having a 16 hand mustang boy... Withers aren't that high yet, and Danni has an uphill build, so hopefully he'll fall short of that just enough to be balanced front to back. He's getting so big and bulky, and his feet are so beautiful, he just about makes me drool. I have got to get a better picture!

No comments: