Sunday, June 10, 2012


I've had a lovely couple of rides on Bella over the last three days.  She is so steady!  And she has a nice little stride I could ride all day.  I can't wait until I get the chance to do that.  I think I'm going to take her hiking in the mountains this week and see how she holds up.  Forests bother her.  But she's made so much progress recently I can't wait to see what she thinks this time.

Tomorrow I'm headed for the mountains with Scout.  Can't wait.  This is a trail I've been meaning to take for years that goes through some old mining areas.  Starts out with a water crossing.  I can't remember ever crossing water with Scout, so I'm not sure what to expect.  I'm going to assume he'll just cross, and hope he follows my assumption. 

I had a very nice visit with Lea yesterday.  It was fun, we haven't seen each other in a while.  I can't wait until we live closer and can go riding together more often.

Other than that my trip to Spokane was a bust.  I went up with John because he had to work and I thought I could go birthday shopping, but it turned out we couldn't afford it.  I had my heart set on a day of shopping for horse stuff.  :(  I wouldn't have bought much anyway but I love to look.  I'm so dang picky (and cheap) that I might look for months before I buy anything.  But I didn't even get to look.  I was pretty bummed.  Eventually we'll get caught up and life will be normal again.  I got my hopes up too soon I guess.

BUT I did get an eZall bathing system from my sister and I can't wait to try it!  I'm not much into bathing horses but with the skin troubles mine have had I think this will definitely come in handy.  I've wanted one for over a year, but as usual couldn't pull the trigger and actually spend the money.  She also got me a sheepskin saddle seat cover at the tack swap (that I had been too cheap to buy) and I tried that today.  It was nice and soft.  :)  My parents gave me some birthday money, too late to use on my "shopping" trip to Spokane, but next time I go up there I'm going to go to Tandy Leather and get some leatherworking tools.  I'd like to try my hand at making some tack.  I might make some saddlebags to match my good saddle (after a lot of practice) and a headstall.  I'm sure I'll come up with some other ideas as I go along.  What fun!

Wish me luck on our big trail ride tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it goes.  ;)

1 comment:

Lea and her Mustangs said...

It was so good to see you yesterday. I wish the weather had been nicer and Sage more well behaved. Thank you so very much for the halter. She snaps too when I give it a tug. She is penned up though until she forgets that she ran away from me. She was pretty glad to see me this AM. She was all alone in the barn except for the chickens and that was not to her liking. Can't wait for you to get moved up here. It will be fun. Hope you have a good time on your ride. I will just be working Sage in the roundpen. Oh well.