Wednesday, January 15, 2020

I forgot

Shoot, I completely forgot I had a blog. Took me a minute to remember how to post, after I read a few posts from my favorite blogs I'd forgotten about. Jeez.

Have I been so busy it made me forget? Maybe? Most days I have a few things on my calendar. Today I don't, but I have so much to do. Boring stuff. Housework, workout, go to the parts store for brakes. Eww. The snow is drifting badly, I don't wanna go! Not that my car has any problem in the snow, thank goodness for that.

I have started a weekly challenge through Ty Evans, the mule trainer. It makes me get out for at least 5 minutes a day, even if it's storming. This week we're "catching with quality." I should be doing it with all the equines but I'm just doing it with the donkeys. Juniper needs it more than Buster! She can be a spicy jalapeno.

Recently I got certified for CPR, yesterday I got certified for QPR, which is a suicide intervention much like CPR but obviously not for the same type of emergency. This weekend I'm taking a longer class on Mental Health First Aid. I don't know where this is going, if anywhere, but it doesn't hurt to have this kind of training. Considering EMT training too... We'll see. I can handle blood and gore but maybe not the heartbreaking situational aspects of the emergencies. Self harm. Kids traumatized. You hear stories... I'd rather do wilderness first responder. Seems like the accidents would be "cleaner" in a psychological sense. But probably not always.

Anywhoo. It's winter. Lots of snow piling up. Gross.







6 comments:

The Dancing Donkey said...

They are all looking very handsome. I hope Buster's breathing is better now.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

It must be, but honestly I can't tell. I'm not allowed to do anything much with him until they scope him again to check the surgery site, and I had to cancel our recheck appointment because the roads are so bad. No end in sight there. I can't wait to see how it looks like it's healed though. Still not a peep from him, no voice. Or at least he doesn't know he has a voice.

Mary J said...

Every one of those photos says "Winter!" Buster in blue 💕

froglander said...

Always like to see your blog posts even if I don't comment on them :)

Jenna Blumer said...

Welcome back! I'm going to get CPR/first aid trained this year, but I've never even heard of QPR. I'm going to have to see where I can take it in my area.

T.L. Merrybard said...

Yeah I'm the same with my blog. What happened? I dunno. So much to do every day. i miss being able to go back and see my memories, and I miss taking (and therefore having) photos because of my blog. Apparently this isn't enough to get me to post entries. :D