Sunday, February 28, 2021

Old Man Shenanigans

 Huckleberry got to go for a few hikes and he found all the dead things.  He's an overachiever.  He had a lot of trouble with the deep snow but I think he still had a lot of fun.  I guess I should say that he's shaved because we were going to be in Arizona for 6 weeks but it ended up being only one week.  So the poor guy is naked for no reason, with no glorious fluff.







I went to take him to the river and found the remains of what must have been a big pallet fire judging by the number of nails in the snow.  In the middle of the road! Jerks.  It's not a heavily used road, but I use it a fair amount.  I'm going to take a magnet out there and try to get most of the nails.  Fingers got numb digging through the snow and I just kept kicking up more nails.  Had to give up.

Whatever was under the snow here was worth a lot of digging.

Orion saw something we didn't see

Turned out it was 15 or so deer!  They're like ghosts. I couldn't get a good picture from a distance, and when they scattered they went fast.

I love to see him happy.



Ice dingleberries :)

I love going places with John.  If I'm not done looking at the sun or the blue sky or the snow on the trees, or whatever catches my eye and strikes my fancy, he's totally happy to keep going to the top of the mountains with me.  He doesn't even make fun of me when I say I saw a couple trolls and maybe even a Naiad.  He killed my abominable snow yeti though.  I told him he's going to have some bad luck for that.  We saw a couple elk, more deer, turkeys and of course geese and hawks. Can't remember anything else.  I was hoping to see a moose but no luck.


This is the herd at home today.  Just being.  Two mustangs and two mammoths, as it should be.

Blue came to visit today with Katia and her husband Steven, so I tried to get a "brothers" picture but it was difficult.

Orion really wanted to get in there and be a good boy, Huck didn't want to be near Blueberry the Asshole King, and Blue was like a fart in a skillet.  

Blue will do better mentally once he can come live here again and not be cooped up in an apartment. But he will really miss his Katia.  And I think she will really miss him.  I'm wondering if he actually will come back to live here after Huck is gone, or if she'll change her mind.  I sure wouldn't mind having two dogs instead of three.  But Blue was my dog until she took him to keep me from euthanizing him for fighting (at least I think that's why she took him), so it's all good, whatever happens.

No comments: