Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Big lonely day

 

This is the face of someone who got up early, went for a walk with a friend, changed the sheets and washed bedding, took pics of my buck skull, burned a bunch of stuff, got ready to go ride, ride got canceled, took a nap, cut down a bunch of trees and bucked logs, took another nap, went grocery shopping, then hiking, groomed, bonded with, and worked with her donkey, cut down a stubborn tree, cleaned up a bunch of dead wood, did some writing, and burned stuff.  Oh, and made dinner.  Yeah, my hair has seen better days.  So has my back.  It hurts so bad.


Me Bucko


A rotten, black heart


A snowy trail, and Orion.  It was so hard to walk, I didn't have the right boots.  We only made it out a quarter mile and turned back.  Heart rate 127 after a leasurely stroll.  Of course it's 113 when I'm just sitting here.


The beautiful Potlatch River.  Life is like a river.  Loud, exciting, scary, dark, bright, slow, quiet, getting stuck in circles, rushing on, slowing down, laughing, falling, leaping.  


It was so beautiful and sunny, which is what drove me away from the house, but this trail was dark this time of day.  More a summer trail, I think.

The end of the day.  I've been enjoying my evening fires, and there is a neverending supply of dead trees and branches out back, it seems like.

 Burning the dead, ridding myself of the unwanted, in the dark.  Waiting for Spring.

God, I've been so lonely lately.  I don't like being by myself.  That's really not normal for me.  (Heck, I've even been visiting with complete strangers in stores and out camping and hiking.)  I don't really want to talk on the phone as much as I want to SEE PEOPLE. I really need to reconnect with my friends.  Some have been avoiding going out because of Covid, but I think at least 3 of them should be fully vaccinated very soon.  I'm gonna start making more of an effort to cultivate my friend garden.  Like that? :)  I don't know if I made it up or I heard it somewhere else.  I made a couple calls to my local family today, looking for a hiking buddy, but of course they work.  One was getting a load of hay ready on the semi to take across the state and the other had a long 10 hour day on her feet.  No hikey.  I also would really like to go back to work, get out of my house and out of my head a bit, but I really don't think I can with all my health issues.

Ahhh, life.  It's probably a mix of this stupid pandemic and spring fever.  Once I can get out on the trails and deeper into the woods, I'll probably disappear.  Although even that sounds kinda lonely.



5 comments:

Linda said...

I’m sorry you’re lonely. This pandemic is making everyone feel that way. As you’ve probably seen, I’ve been escaping a lot lately. I’d rather take my chances with Covid then let another year pass by not living fully. Did you ever get Covid? I know some people have residual heart issues. Have you seen a doctor? I put of doctor and dental appointments in 2020, but that’s another thing I changed in 2021. I’ve been taking care of business and trying to get healthy. If you can make it up here, I’d be happy to do a light ride or play day once RSP reopens. I hope I have sound horses this year. My daughter is watching the horses and she says they all look great. I will find out soon because I’m on the plane home.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

I never had Covid as far as I know. I went to the doc today. Was trying to wait for my annual exam in April bit it got too scary. Have a heart monitor for 2 weeks. I've been going to all my appointments as usual, neurologist, sleep doctor, had 3 covid tests, mammogram, ER visits, surgical procedures, all that jazz. Traveling carefully. I haven't let it affect my life too much, but some friends have has to be more careful. And my husband is gone half of every week for work, my son works 10 hour days 5 days a week, and my daughter only visits once a week. Not working leaves me with a lot of time to fill. I keep pretty busy, but when I have a couple of down days it gets to me. I might go camping again. I'm a free bird. Which sucks when nobody else is!

I'd love to come up and ride with you! Let's plan on it, when the trails are open. I can camp at my niece's place in Reardan and make a good trip of it, ride several different places even if I don't have a riding buddy. Buster is fine going out alone. I love Slaving and Riverside. I rode Liberty Lake once but I remember it being all climb and descent, which Buster might hate. Any other places that aren't too far out? They don't have to be big rides. Fish lake? Or something like that? I can't remember... I'd love to ride out by Odessa again someday too, but that's a bit more of a trip.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Huh, it won't let me edit. That should say Slavin.

Linda said...

I tend to do rides within 30 minute haul areas. Liberty Lake is too steep for my herd. Fishtrap can be nice and flat. It does have an issue with down trees sometimes, but you can avoid them. Riverside is open, and that’s always a good place to play. Slavin might still be too wet. Let me know when you’re coming up. I’ll be home for the next month, but I’m going to try to get down to see Mr T in training each week.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.