Monday, June 24, 2019

Thoughts From Corral-side

Heyburn State Park

It probably looks like I just screw around all the time. Super self-indulgent. Yeah, maybe. But one could say I'm desperately holding on to happiness. Which sounds desperate. Which isn't quite right. More like I'm making my happiness and health and enjoyment of life a priority. I don't believe we were put here to suffer. We need to make the best of what we've got. I am sick more often than not with migraines. A lot of the time I sleep, thanks to that darn sleep disorder, and the rest of the time I need to keep my butt moving! Especially when the sun is shining! Forget having a pretty garden or a nice lawn, I'm going to do what I love.

I do know how privileged I am to be able to live a life I love. I wish everyone in the world lived in their own personal paradise.


I wrote the above yesterday as I was sitting with the horses in camp while they enjoyed their breakfast. I sat waking up with my coffee, listening to the birds, watching the sun on the leaves. I tentatively thought I had just ended a 5 day migraine. It started up again a few hours later.

Today is one of the dark room, ice pack, and ALL the pills sorts of days. I'm having trouble making technology or my eyes work so I'm going to just load some pics, leave them all a little small (click to enlarge it you like), and probably not say much about them. We had a nice weekend despite the pain. Probably would have been better today if I hadn't pushed through the weekend, but it was lovely.









 What do you think this is? We've narrowed it down to a bird with the beak missing.




I'm going to nap now & hope to spend time with Buster later. Have a good day!

3 comments:

Jenna Blumer said...

Thank you for the photos; they're beautiful! And congratulations on prioritizing your health. We could all stand to make self love a bigger priority.

Linda said...

Enjoy the time you’re given while you can. It is, indeed, a gift. Lovely photos. And probably a bird!

Mary J said...

Raven, I think. Please know how much enrichment your blog has given readers over the years. So very sorry about the pain. I've said it before -- you've got courage