Friday, June 16, 2006



June 16, 2006

Man am I tired! He made me work this morning. We've done the saddle blanket thing already but for some reason he wasn't comfortable with it today. It was a different pad, thicker, stiff, and light colored. We ended up working on lunging a little too because his feet kept sticking. I really didn't think we'd get the saddle on today but we did! Cool stuff. I didn't cinch it. I actually didn't even have the cinch on it. The jingly bits were too scary. Save them for another day.

The saddle you see isn't the one I usually ride in. But mine wouldn't fit him, and cost too much too be putting on a greenie anyway. I think I'm going to have to get used to riding in this saddle, unless he gets a lot wider with time.

Oh, I finished up his braids too. Added a picture of them for Laura to see. For some reason with the braids he reminds me of a barrel racing horse.

Soon I hope to be able to show you a picture of him with saddle and pad, cinch and back cinch and breastcollar, all decked out the way he should be. But probably not right away. I think our next session had better be something more fun, like going for a walk, so he doesn't start to resent the time we spend together.

No comments: