Monday, June 19, 2006

Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue News and Events
Check out this new blog (the above text is a link to it) about a new mustang sanctuary. It starts a new chapter in the lives of two older mustangs, Lewis and Clark. you can see their whole story here: http://www.mustangs4us.com/lewis_&_clark.htm (You might have to copy and paste that into your browser.) It's an amazing story, I've been following it from the beginning. I can't wait to hear more about them and about the sanctuary. Their website is listed on their blog as well if you want to check it out.

I am wiped out. I didn't feel too hot today and didn't plan on doing anything strenuous, but the horses decided I should put up a gate. They (probably Tonka) kind of tore up the fence where I'd had gate handles on the electric. I decided to go get the gate from the mustang pen, since we don't need that anymore, and put it up there. It was hard work! The post hole was huge, the post weighed about 300lbs, and it was not much fun! But it looks awesome, civilized. Not some saggy electric with a bunch of gate handles attached. Nice. So now I'm going to take a bath.

Oh, my sister and I worked with Tonka today. Mostly my sister since i couldn't breathe well. We worked on lunging. He did great. Smart boy. A little stubborn too, but he's still a good boy. He learned fast.

No comments: