Saturday, March 17, 2007


Tonka stood tied for the first time today, and he did wonderfully. He was a bit unsure at first, and he fidgeted a bit. It was definitely anti-climactic, which is just fine by me! I used a Blocker Tie Ring, and if you haven't heard of it you ought to check it out. I believe both Clinton Anderson and Charles Wilhelm sell them on their websites, but you can probably find them elsewhere. The ring causes the rope to give when the horse pulls back, but only grudgingly... Enough that they shouldn't panic, but it gives enough pull to let them know they need to give back. This is the first time I've used it, and I have to say I like it. I can't wait to try it on Lyric, my chronic panicked puller-backer.



Look at that butt! I love horse butts. Does that mean there's something wrong with me? I don't think so. I know other people who feel the same. This is a big, raw-boned butt, as opposed to the ever-beautiful apple butt, but I love this butt just as much, if not more, because it's on my Tonka. And it's just a nice butt.

Purty boy, wish the flash hadn't caught his eye like that.



The other two are 15.2 & 16 hands. Tonka's just about right!



My mud moose. He was blowing bubbles with his nose while he ate. Funny.



Dribbly.



He wet my pants!



Love this one, great reflection.


Tonka Tonka! He was nosing it around, but my camera was too slow to catch it!

It was a wonderful day. I was grinning like a kid in a candy store, or a girl newly in love. He's a very special horse.

No comments: