Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This isn't really all about the horses except that I was going to fill troughs today. We have no water! I don't know if the pump or the pipes are frozen or what... It did get down to -8 last night. The weird thing is it's been colder than that before and we didn't have this problem. We put a heater on full blast in the pumphouse, and we'll see what that gets us. Luckily the troughs still have a fair amount of water in them. I might just have to keep the de-icers turned off part of the time so it doesn't all steam away. Here's hoping this resolves soon!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Have you got water yet, Andrea?

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Oh, yeah, should have updated that... The water came back on that night, after I was beginning to panic and wonder what the heck we were going to do. No troubles since then. We're keeping a heater in the pumphouse.

Now, my hoses are another matter. I did finally get the troughs filled yesterday, just before they completely ran out.