Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Darn that Tracey, she's tagged me again. I actually usually kind of enjoy doing these things, but this one? It's too vague. She wants my "bucket list." What do I want to do before I die? Crap, I don't know. And am I going to die in like 6 months, or as an old lady? That should be specified. I'm going to assume I have my whole life to complete the list. (Which in either case would be true, haha, did you catch that? I'm so witty.) So, without further ado, 7 things I want to do before I die:

1. Give what I can to charities, even if it's only $5 here and there. I'd like to donate to some sort of mental health charity among other things.

2. Travel. Isn't that kind of a requirement for a bucket list? My grandpa's gold mine, Chaco Canyon again, Arkansas maybe, see how much New Orleans has changed and whether my buddy Jeff's shop, Mystic Curio, is still there on the Rue Royale - mmm, and Kaldi's coffee shop, they had great coffee shakes. Gypsy caravan trip in Ireland, some picturesque place in India, New Zealand. Maybe western Russia. Would be cool to do a horseback trip through eastern Europe. Zion national park. Will I do all of these? Probably not. I'll make it to NM and NO eventually though.

3. Make sure my kids go to college, or some sort of higher education. Find a way to pay for it, or at least help...

4. Get a job.

5. Rediscover my love of writing, and maybe get something published in a real way, not like what I did in school.

6. Visit in person with some of my old friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Carrie, Mark, James. Funny how few people continue to be really important over the years. Not that I was ever much of a social butterfly...

7. Make some new friends, hope they make that "VIP list."

Yep. That's that.

By the way, the horses are doing fine. Not much to report...

1 comment:

Paul Nichols said...

Excellent list from the heart. Good job.