Monday, June 30, 2008

Before. Sorry, I didn't take an "after" picture.

Okay, well, it wasn't that bad. I did have to use my inhaler afterward, which has left me feeling funny, but the actual work was not that big a deal. It left me feeling pretty good actually, which was what I remembered that made me say I like haying season. John says it's the endorphins that are released when you work hard that make you feel good.

We got all the baled hay put up, and the other half is still out in the fields in windrows. And it's not yet raining, knock on wood. Hopefully the rain will pass us by and we'll have the rest put up tomorrow.

The bad news: we're going to have to buy another 6 tons of hay. That's going to cost us as much this year as 12 tons cost us last year. Disgusting. Not that I don't understand the whys of it all. With the cost of gas and fertilizer and all that... But still, it's hard.

No comments: