Monday, June 23, 2008

We had a much better ride today. I hauled him over to my sister's and we worked in her outdoor arena. Couldn't go anywhere since we both had kids, so we just worked on bridges, poles, and I had to remind Tonka that he did know how to stop nicely. He got spooked by a chicken fluffing up its wings and I just about lost my seat again, but managed to right myself. After that we sat around by the coop for a long time and he couldn't care less about the birds. I think it was just the suddenness of the noise, not the bird or the fluffing itself. I don't know what it is that's making him so goofy. He's usually really observant but not reactive. I think maybe good feed? He's eating in the tall grass, munching on seed heads, which I would imagine would be somewhat like being fed grain. Anyway, all was well, we had a good ride, and we lived happily ever after (so far).

I get to go on a long drive to move a horse (Lyric) tomorrow. Wish me luck. I think I'll do some horsey shopping too. I got a gift certificate to a western wear store, and I need a few things at a tack store.

Gotta go!

No comments: