Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tomorrow is the last full day here before we leave on our trip. I spent some quality time with the mustangs tonight, scratching itches and kissing noses. There is no doubt that those three are my special ones. I hate leaving them. They'll be in good hands. I have to keep telling myself they'll be just fine. And telling them they had better behave and be just fine.

Tomorrow is last minute prep - watering animals and plants so the house-sitter won't have too much work right off, touching up Tonka and Scout's hooves, installing a gate and fixing a drip irrigation line that decided to blow out today. And all of the packing still needs to be done. But I've got all the laundry done, so that ought to be easy. We have to pack light. Four people's stuff can quickly fill a trunk... We're driving 5 hours to fly out of Seattle. Make that six hours, I have to stop a lot for my sore hips and back. Which won't be an option on the plane. Which is something I'm deeply dreading. They encourage you to get up and walk around, as if that's possible with flight attendants blocking the aisles constantly and other people attempting to get up and walk around. Wish me luck. I detested my last long flight, and that was before all this joint pain. Ibuprofen will be my friend. And maybe some wine. Wine might be very helpful...

Oh gosh, what a cry-baby I am. Sorry!

If I don't post tomorrow, I'll probably post at some point. Hopefully I'll get some nice Hawaii pictures. I may even see some horses.

Did you know they have wild horses in Hawaii? They're not protected. I don't know what they do to control the population. I do know you can go on a trail ride through the area where they live, but it's WAY out of my price range. I wonder if you can hike through there... Maybe I'll find out.

1 comment:

Pony Girl said...

Andrea, have a super great trip! I imagine you will enjoy the beaches immensely. Maybe you'll catch a glimpse of one of those wild horses! ;)

The crew will be well-taken care of while you're gone, I'm sure. It must be hard to leave them, though!