Thursday, November 06, 2008

I feel a lot better today about our time in the round pen yesterday. I watched someone else who is doing the same stuff and realized Tonka did just fine, but I probably asked too much for the first day, and I probably am too tender hearted about seeing a horse stressed. The horse I watched today has been doing this for at least four days, maybe a week, and she isn't as far along as Tonka was yesterday, and she still gets stressed and has to leave some, but not as stressed as the first time, and not as stressed as Tonka was yesterday. Which, I should clarify, wasn't really all that stressed. He was't freaking out by any means, no big movements or anything.

I think I had more to say on that subject but I got sidetracked for a few hours and I forgot...

Tomorrow I am hopefully delivering a saddle to its new owner. I should also have a few other tack items sold, so my new saddle fund has some money in it! Not near enough for a good saddle, but maybe some amazing deal will come up as I slowly save money.

I better get going, I have three muddy dogs to bring in and still have to feed the hayburners.

1 comment:

Lea and her Mustangs said...

You are a softie Andrea but thats OK. Your personality and Tonka's seem to be working well. We use the round pen and we work Clinton Anderson stuff. Don't think he is a dictator but demands respect. It works for us but that doesn't mean it does for everyone.