Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My horse time the last few days has been limited to feeding and a bit of grooming. Tonka is a mud pie. He even covers his face in mud. Although I have to give it to him, he stayed pretty clean since I brushed him yesterday.

I had a sweet little grooming/bonding session with Bella this morning. She's such a special girl, and she's been on the back burner for a long time thanks to her lameness. So I brushed her real well, scratched and petted and visited with her, and she went from being a little distant to putting her face in my hands for a cuddly moment. I do love that mare.

I'm still sick. I'm pretty sure I have a cold on top of the strep. And the antibiotics are not making my stomach happy. So I am once again going to try to stay down for the day. Doesn't work real well once everyone gets home and starts making messes.

Oh, and wouldn't you know, my ThinLine pad got here last weekend while I was gone, and I don't know when I'll ever get to try it out. Darn sickness. I am impressed with the quick shipment time from the company though. So while I don't know yet whether to recommend the product, I do like the service.

I'm off to try to find something to settle my stomach. Hope you're all having a good day!

No comments: