Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bella's second ride didn't go so well tonight. It wouldn't be long before it got dark, I didn't have much time to play with her on the ground, and I was thinking, "This isn't a good time for her," but for some stupid reason I got on anyway. Just long enough to realize it really was not a good time for her, and I got off again. She didn't do anything bad. As a matter of fact John, who was watching, didn't seem to understand why I didn't think I should ride. But she was tense and ready to do something, and I didn't want to find out what. Over-stimulated. We did some more practice to get her more responsive to tiny pressures on the halter, crossing over on the front and hind feet, then I remembered I had kids and unsaddled so I could run in and tell them it was bedtime.

And now I think it's my bedtime. Good night!

3 comments:

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Better to get off of your own accord for get off with hers. LOL You are doing great.

Anonymous said...

It's great that you knew when to stop! Much better than the alternative.

froglander said...

Good job knowing when to step off so that it sounded like things were a positive experience rather than a potentially negative one!