Friday, April 17, 2009

Well, it's time for me to get ready to go on a trip. My grandma is back in the hospital. It doesn't sound life threatening but I'd like to be there.

So... I must get ready. Which means more fencing so the horses don't totally kill the grass in the area they're in, and so that John doesn't have to walk them back and forth to keep them stalled at night. I also need to get the turkey poults moved to their bigger enclosure out in one of our sheds. I have a couple halters to make, feeds to pre-mix, laundry to do. I don't know why I'm sitting here instead...

Tonka and I had a nice short ride today, checking out fence. Happily, a lot of the old split cedar fence is still usable, just needs a hotwire strung along the top. So my fencing job is going to be a lot easier than I thought. After we did that we worked on collection. He gets so strung out and stumbles, especially when hurrying down hill. We also kinda worked on rollbacks just long enough for me to realize I don't know exactly how to do that, where the feet should be when I ask. When we were done riding I left him tied at the trailer and forgot all about him for a while. There was an ag plane spraying the fields around ours, flying by repeatedly right overhead. Glad Tonka doesn't worry about that sort of thing.

Okay, time to get to that work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your grandma is OK, and good luck with all your work. Tonka sounds like a very sensible horse!

Linda said...

Hope it goes well for your grandma. Have a safe trip.