Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm hauling Bella away tomorrow. My sister is going to work with her and see if she wants her. I don't think I've ever done anything this hard before. I love that horse. But I've been thinking of downsizing anyway because I'm just so dang tired all the time. Life is too busy and each horse takes so much time. This would be the perfect home for her. Because of her stifle issue she needs regular exercise and she's not getting it here. My sister rides every day. She's always felt a special connection with Bella. This will also give me more time to concentrate on Tonka. No matter how much I tell myself this is the right thing, it sure feels bad. :(

I rode Tonka today too, and it was mostly just frustrating. He wasn't with it today at all. He was handsome though. Ooh, I forgot I have pictures.


Apparently my photography skills were lacking today. But that's okay, he's still cute.

In better news, Zaz is making progress. The four days I was gone didn't help the little guy along at all, but he's coming along again now. I took him out of the round pen for a walk today, and then later he "hooked up" in the round pen. That was VERY hard for him to do, it was almost like his feet were glued to the ground.


It was a good day, but as usual I am completely wiped out and I didn't get most of the things on my to-do list done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to take care of a lot of horses - I know this myself. At least your horse will be with someone you know and trust, and who will meet her needs. It is very hard to let them go, but you seem to know what's the right decision.

Kara said...

It has to be really hard to consider sending her away, but if your sister takes her, it won't really be like she's gone. She'll still be in the family. Heck, you might even get to ride her after you sister gets her going. Too many horses and one person to work with them all is very hard.