Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Today's pace is completely different from yesterday's. I've been sitting with a sick kid all day. We did word searches, we camped out on the bathroom floor, we took a nap with the puke-pot handy just in case. Poor kid, he's totally miserable. I hate stomach bugs because there's nothing I can do to help other than just be there.

The above was written 2 days ago and I haven't had time to write any more since then. The little man is still sick, but not near as bad. I think he might be able to go back to school tomorrow.

I was thinking just now about signing wee Scout up for a clinic. There's this "Kinder-foal" clinic that was supposed to be last weekend but I think it was postponed. So hopefully we can still do that. Would be good exposure for him, and some one-on-one structured time, which I rarely spend with him.

Tonka's getting a little big for his britches. He was trying to run Scout over the top of me out in the pasture. He got a dose of my pissy mare face and ran off. I think it might be a good time to stick him back in with Cisco for a while. Too bad the two of them have totally different dietary needs. I could kinda compromise somewhere in the middle though.

The last few days the weather has been nasty and uncomfortable for the horses since they have shed most of their winter coats. I've been blanketing Coda and stalling him at night with his lovely Soxy as company. They're so in love. He is very happy to have his mare back from that nasty mean Cisco. The other horses choose to stand out in the weather. Crazy animals.

Holy cow I almost forgot my son's birthday! I have a party this weekend that I need to get ready for. Wow, bad mom.

2 comments:

Kara said...

So, sounds like you weren't able to go get the TIP horses? When do you think you'll get a chance to do that? If I was in ID, I'd totally go with you. I've always wanted to go to Burns and see the corrals!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

No TIP horses yet. I need to post about that one of these days...