Saturday, May 08, 2010

Disgusting!

I found a bot larva in Dove's poop. Gross. I've never seen one before. Wanna see? Well, I'm going to show you anyway.

I stole the picture from online, didn't feel like taking a picture of the one I found.

Now I have the heebie-jeebies. Funny the things that do and don't bother me. I also found lots and lots of small strongyles. Love to see those things dead! I'll worm her again in 3 weeks.

We had a busy day with no time for horses, other than to give them all their strangles vaccine. Next year the vet is doing that. NOT fun. Dove was fine and so was Tonka, but Bella and Cisco were stinkers and Scout was just plain bad. You'd think I was trying to kill him slowly and painfully, rather than just squirt something up his nose.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Eww! So gross! Bot fly larvae just gross me out! Even though, as you say, most other things don't!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

I think I figured out why they gross me out so much. Did you ever see the Start Trek episodes with disgusting bugs that would crawl into someone's brain? They kind of remind me of that. Disturbing.

Jayke said...

Yuck! Glad to know those things and slowly making their way OUT of Dove's system.

arlene said...

One of our cats brought a wild bunny home and it died, but right before it died a huge warble wiggled it's way out of it's skin. It was very gross. I hate parasites.