Monday, August 23, 2010

Bella is much better this morning! Her feet were cooler, although still warm. She's walking well, but then she has been ever since we started on Bute. I'm hoping we're in the home stretch.

I've decided to duct tape pads onto her feet. Later I will temporarily trade my Easyboot Epics for my sister's regular Easyboots, which don't have the neoprene gaiter that goes over the pastern and holds in heat. I won't leave the boots on 24 hrs a day, they'll have time to dry out after water treatments, and I'm thinking of putting a diaper and some powder in there to so the hooves will stay dry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she seems to be doing better - duct tape is wonderful stuff with all sorts of uses!

Lea and her Mustangs said...

We have been gone, sorry to hear about Bella's problem, have been down that road. Hope to see you Thursday.