Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm feeling better today. While I won't be doing enterolith surgery (which has a 95% + rate of total success by the way) that may not be the problem anyway, so why borrow trouble?

I'm impatiently waiting for my vet to get back and call me. He was stuck in a snowstorm somewhere between here and Utah yesterday. I have a lot of questions for him.

I've been delving more deeply into the world of EPSM, and it turns out there are some things I haven't tried. So I'll be adding some things, tweaking others, and generally floundering about trying to find something that works.

Right now I'm thinking the next steps are a thorough sheath cleaning removing any possible beans, checking his teeth, bloodwork checking vitamin/mineral levels, and treating for possible ulcers. I'm also thinking another DNA test is in order, as recommended, to check for Malignant Hyperthermia.

I hope you're having a lovely day, wherever you are! I'm going to go think about something else for a while...

No comments: