Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do you ever, as you're falling asleep, dream that you're tripping over a branch and jerk violently to catch yourself, only to wake up and feel a little embarrassed? I've done that as long as I can remember. Did it once in math class, must have been my junior year in high school. I don't think anyone noticed...

Well, last night as I was falling asleep I dreamed I was riding Scout and he stumbled and I (in reality) flinched so hard I bent my fingernail backward and tore a bit of skin out of my knee. Weird. I don't dream about riding. When I didn't have horses I used to dream about them, but just as I was about to ride they'd turn into people, or something else would happen to keep me from it. I can't remember a dream where I've ever been riding. Until last night. Must mean Scout's a special boy, right? I hope so. Because I see in him the possibility of a spoiled brat bucking because he wants to do things his own way. So I think we need to work a lot on ingraining automatic responses to cues, like the walk trot work I was doing yesterday.

Today I didn't ride, again. Life gets in the way. Kid woke up with pink eye so I had to take him to the doctor. And his class is having a huge awesome outing over the next two days, which required a lot of preparation. They're going camping! All the 3rd-4th graders and the kindergarteners. Ought to be a pretty exciting time. They'll be doing all kinds of fun activities. Luckily he can still go even with his eye, since he will have been on antibiotics for 24 hours by then.

So, that's about it for me for the next few days, I guess.

1 comment:

Keechy said...

I've been horseless twice in my adult life and both times is the only time I dreamed about horse, and yes, I never got to ride them either and it was so frustrating! My sis did too, and she would dream she had horses but didn't feed them and stuff and would wake up traumatised! Glad I didn't have those dreams!