Monday, October 10, 2011

Today was a recuperative day, I actually watched some TV. Going to start making my way through McLeod's daughters again. Good show.

I also spent some good quality time with Tonka. He got his sheath cleaned, some mild exercise, and a hoof trim up front. He's got a nasty abscess that's broken out on his heel bulb, and when I picked up his hooves I found a lot of dead sole that needed exfoliated and a bunch of nasty thrush. So now his hooves are cleaner than they've ever been. After taking out all the dead material with my hoof knife I ran some peroxide into his hooves, scrubbed with a brush, repeated 3-4 times, and then rinsed with water. I considered buying some something else to try, but I already have this and I'd like to see how it works. I think just cleaning it out every day will take care of it.

It was so nice just spending time with my good boy. Just wandering around with him is so much more refreshing than spending time with any of the others. Tonka is my special one. I love them all, of course, but I often wish I didn't have to divide my time between them.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm glad you were able to spend some down time with Tonka and I hope his foot heals well with your treatment and care,

~Lisa