Sunday, December 04, 2011

I think (*knock on wood*) that miss Gracie has found a wonderful home. I don't know if it's tempting fate to talk about it before it's all settled, but I'm so excited I had to share. I'm not excited that she's leaving, I'm excited that it seems so perfect. I have all week to work on trailer loading and I'm taking her to her new home on Friday. The lady is SUPER excited about her, which of course makes me SUPER excited. She has mustang experience, she wanted a mustang, and she loves curly horses, and it just all seems to be so meant to be.

No horse work today for me though. I just had to feed and water and get going. We went up to Spokane for a nice dinner with my parents, who I haven't seen in quite a while. My mom just recently got back from taking care of my Grandma. Grandma is doing great and will be able to get a new heart valve through arthroscopic surgery (a very new thing) soon. I am so glad she doesn't have to do open heart surgery. She just doesn't bounce back very well anymore. But the new valve ought to make her feel like a kid again. I hope. Speaking of my grandparents, they just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. They're awesome.

That's about all I've got. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you found Grace a home and an owner that is excited about her! I hope it works out. You can tell the new owners if they want she can be registered with ICHO (International Curly Horse Organization http://ichocurlyhorses.weebly.com/) They have a curly mustang branch. Guess you said they like curly horses so maybe know about it already.