Monday, April 02, 2012


I'm still sick, even sicker than I was, but I had to get out anyway today.  It wasn't raining!  My sister brought her horse over and we went up the road from here.  She took some nice pictures.  I didn't take any.

This is a big old church with McCroskey state park in the background:

The mountains east of here (I think):

And here's Tonka motoring on home:
He's a wee bit barn sour.  He was poky and sticky all the way out, and speedy and impatient all the way home.  We'll have to work on that. 

The cat bite is healing.  I learned my lesson - go get antibiotics right away.  I waited a day and it got pretty nasty.  It took two days after that before it felt better at all.  Now it's still real swollen and I broke the deeper part open when I was riding, but it's so much better than it was Friday and Saturday.  

Now I'm going to go feed early so I can go to bed early.  I feel like I'm either going to float away, pass out, or just fall over.  I can't wait to feel like a normal human being again.  I'm not very good at being a stoic sick person.  I think I have a Man Cold.  Which is to say I'm a big whiny baby when I don't feel good.  :)


3 comments:

Linda said...

Bad day to feel sick! I hope you throw it off soon. At least you got out and took advantage of the sunshine!

Lea and her Mustangs said...

You can't be more whiney than me. I don't do sick very well. Sometimes though fresh air and sunshine will help you get well faster. I am sorry about your hand. Keep on top of it though. One of our grandsons got bit by a cat and got cat scratch fever and was really a sick boy. To answer the question you asked on my blog about Cody. We did give him to some people but they were very inexperienced and brought him back. Its a long story but they just were not ready for an unbroke horse of any kind. I sure do want to find a home for him. Bob is going to get on him one of these days he says. He is so gently and kind. He just needs a patient person. The guy was not, he did not understand to go slow. Oh well, he had been a ladies horse and I think he will do better with a lady. My thought anyway. Hope you are better.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is better soon - I'm a terrible patient when I'm sick, too!