Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Tonka is still alive! I had to make the Big Decision and I let it hinge on his last blood test. If his counts were still going down we wouldn't continue. At that last moment they stayed the same. So maybe we have hope. He's having a blood transfusion right now to keep him from having a devastating crash.
 I'm really thankful for all the love and support my wonderful horse and I have from so many people.  And very thankful for my mom's help, because she's footing the bill on this.  We might decide to sell the horse trailer to pay her back, but she's not too worried about that. 
I always said I'd never spend this much on an animal.  But this is Tonka, and that's different.  Of course, if it was my money I was spending it'd be over and done with by now.  So much to be thankful for.  
Now I've got to fill out back to school paperwork and get my kids to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope things start to turn around - sending best wishes and thought to you both.

Keechy said...

Keeping Tonka in my thoughts today. Picturing him all better and back to his perky self once more. XXX

Unknown said...

Yay! Go Tonka Go! You can do it Buddy!
I think about him often through out my days, especially when I am out with my own horses. My ponies said to tell him that they are pulling for him too. :)
Keeping my fingers crossed.