Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Lots of death at work lately.  I've come to the point where I see it mostly as a relief and a release for the poor old animals and their owners who have been trying hard for a long time, knowing how it would eventually end.  Sometimes it seems a such a shame though, when they're young.  Usually they're old, and it's time, or past time.  My heart hurts for their people.  It probably sounds wrong, but it's a good kind of hurt.  Maybe like when the Grinch's heart grew two sizes.  Not that I was ever a grinch...  I don't know how to put it.  Maybe compassion just hurts and feels good at the same time.

Puppy vaccines are probably the most fun.  Nobody is sick and they're SO CUTE.  I have a favorite little bulldog/boxer puppy who has WAY too much skin.  He's fun to smoosh and cuddle. 

Today wasn't a puppy vaccine day, but I think I get to see one of my favorite little weenie dogs tomorrow.  (Shh, don't tell them but all the puppies are my favorite - I couldn't possibly pick just one.)

Scout was hanging out a little closer to Bella and Dan today.  I think eventually they'll be peaceful. I can't wait for some free time again to play with Dan and see who he wants to be now that the herd dynamics are so intense.  It's probably good that I have to work for a couple days, to give him time to settle, and let them all figure out how their new lives together are going to work.

No comments: