Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This lady had a baby next to my driveway today.  She kind of threw a wrench in our riding plans, since I didn't want to get too close and disturb her.
 

We rode anyway.  It was an off day.  Nothing serious.  Bella decided to have a few opinions about direction and speed of travel today, but they were mild. I did decide to do a little more groundwork than just walking up and down the driveway, and I saw that her gimp is back.  I started her on the Recovery EQ supplement yesterday and I really hope it works miracles like they claim, but I'm skeptical. 

We stood in the ditch for a bit and watched Dyno sleep.  I thought it might be difficult for her because she loves grass that grows in the water, but she didn't ask to eat for quite a while, and when I told her no she didn't argue.


 My left boot.  Old and worn.  I went boot shopping today.  I even bought some, but they're going back tomorrow.  I'm going to have to make the trip up to Spokane if I want new boots.

 Eventually we climbed the hill up to our weird little hut.  Bella is wearing her "angry eyes" (said in the voice of Mrs. Potato Head).
 

That's a nicer face. The boys were running and hollering behind us.
 

When I cleaned out her feet after we were done riding I found this bloody spot on her heel bulb.  I guess she had an abscess.  It'll heal.  Made me wonder if that might have had something to do with her irritability today though.

I found out today that there isn't going to be a mustang adoption in Spokane on my birthday.  Bummer.  I guess I'll have to find something else fun to do.  Horse camping sounds pretty good to me.

2 comments:

shadowlake2005 said...

I've been meaning to tell you I really like your saddlea. what kind is it? and for Bella, if the stuff you're using doesn't work you might want to check out "Equine Leg Magic". it makes all kinds of claims too, but I've had good results with it on a variety of lamenesses. (im a slow learner when someone says "free horse" to me). if you want to find out more about the ELM, call the lady who makes it, as opposed to emailing her :)

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Thanks for the tip on the supplement! I'll check it out.

My saddle was handmade by "some Amish kid" outside Spokane. The family has since moved away and I don't even know the guy's name, just his initials. I bought it second hand, but it was barely used. Still is barely broken in. Whoever the saddlemaker was, he was a true artist with an eye for detail. And it's comfortable. Everyone who rides this saddle loves it. Can you tell I'm a little fond of it?