Sunday, April 07, 2013

It's been a crazy week.  My work days were much too long and I could have sworn I was getting sick.  But maybe exhaustion just does that to you.  I took two naps yesterday and then slept for 10-11 hours.  Needless to say the horses haven't been getting enough attention.

I got Pedro's hooves trimmed yesterday though, and he's walking a little better now.  I found a hole in his white line where there appears to have been an abscess.  The front hooves are starting to look a little less bad, although there is still plenty of evidence of laminitis.  I see that his hind hooves are growing in tighter since he came here, so that's a good sign.  I sat on the ground in front of him for a rest and to get a good look at my handiwork, and he put his head in my lap for a very sweet cuddle.  I love that big hairy ass.
Joseph got to spend more time next to Bella and Scout and it went very well yesterday.  Today he managed to break my unbreakable fence.  It was in a spot where it's been stretched far too many times.  I'm sure he was pawing and got his leg caught.  He wasn't hurt though so all is well.  I think Bella is in love.  She stands there with the sweetest look and the softest eyes and bats her eyelashes at him.  I'll probably put the two of them together first and add Scout (the third wheel) into the mix a little later.

My pictures are pretty terrible due to low light and movement, but even so he can't help but be handsome.  One of these days I'll have to get a video of him - he has a grace and presence that are just a joy to watch.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blurry pics and all, he is one handsome boy!

Paint Girl said...

I think the grace and presence make him look so much bigger then he actually is! He looks 16hh! But I know he's not that big. I just love his look!!