Monday, November 10, 2014

Little Horse in a Big World

Well, we made it to the round pen.  Kind of launched in there on the tail end of a series of forward jumps, but hey, we did it.  Good thing I had the gate open to receive him.  :)

This is probably the first time he's ever grazed in his life.  What a thought.
(He was born in a holding facility - basically a feedlot situation)

 He thoroughly enjoyed himself.

He still checked in with me though.  Mostly looking for treats, I think, but also wanting companionship.

What a goob.

He looks really small in the round pen.  I sure do hope he grows.

 Meanwhile: Scout, outstanding in his field.

He sure isn't small.  Big tub o' lard.  I think he may have grown again - I mean upward, not just sideways.  Maybe it just seems like it because I've been hanging out with short Luc.

I was tempted to leave Luc in the round pen after his jumpy trip there, but we have some cold, windy weather coming in, and I didn't want him to be without shelter.  So I pulled on my big girl panties, caught him up easily, and walked him back to the mustang pen.  He did just fine.  I think he was relieved to be back in his familar place.



2 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats on the progress! I'm sure it was exciting when you were able to successfully catch him and get him back to the smaller pen.

Unknown said...

yay!!!! He looks great!