Monday, January 11, 2016

Bella, Agent of Chaos

Yesterday John took Scout for a walk in the big pasture and I tried to join him with Duncan, which required going through Bella's pasture. Scout was already pretty far away and Bella was being a flighty booger because her boy had been taken away. I tried to get through the gate to join John and Scout but she kept running up behind us and spooking Duncan, so that didn't work. (I can't take a chance of her getting loose right now because we have a deep trench she could fall in.) By now both Duncan and the distant Scout were pretty jazzed up.

Anyway, long story shorter, Duncan reminded me that he still needs a lot of life experience. Poor guy's heart was beating out of his chest every time he saw Scout off in the distance, and Bella racing around bucking didn't help. He could barely focus on me at all.

He did put all 4 feet in this puddle for me. Isn't he cute with his googly eyes all worried?

I made him a special new halter with beads that have spirals on them (kind of like his spiral curls). It doesn't photograph super well, but you get the idea.

Oh, and John got a new job! He'll be working for a company that makes custom homes. He's really excited about it. It's mostly commission based so things might be tight the first year, but then it should really take off. He's the good kind of salesman. Finds the right fit for the customer without being pushy about it. 

5 comments:

Snipe said...

Sounds like Duncan came through just fine. I love his little tail! Congrats on John's new job.

Linda said...

Congrats on the new job! That's one less worry. I like your halter. I still have three of yours at my place, and I love them. That whole herd bound things seems worse in winter, at least at my house. I ride away less, which probably has something to do with it.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Absolutely. I haven't done much with anyone other than Duncan for quite a while. But now that I have my horse, John is going to have to start playing with his more. Bella can and will behave when all the other horses leave, she's just out of practice. Silly girl.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.L. Merrybard said...

Duncan just has the cutest face. You must love getting to look at him all the time. :)

Oh oh, the verify thing is back on your comments, Andrea. No wonder a bot can't work out which items are which, because I can't either! :D