Saturday, December 09, 2017

Holding Hands

Who held your hand when you were little and afraid? Who hid with you under tables, saw the same boogeymen, made forts out of toilet paper, sang Christmas carols and hung tinsel together? Who can reminisce about catching salamanders, sliding down mud slides, sitting on the roof and staring at the stars, all the little moments of growing up? Then having families, horses, still roaming the wilderness, still staring at the stars.

If you have a close sibling you know what I'm talking about. You live the same life out of different eyes. You have different strengths and you stick together. Nobody else will ever know the story the way you two do.

My sister has cancer again. It is a metastasis of the old breast cancer, this time in her bones. Whoa Nelly are we in for a rough ride.

4 comments:

The Dancing Donkey said...

I am very sorry to hear this. I hope there are some good treatment options and I am glad that you have such a lovely relationship to help you through this.

Unknown said...

So Sorry Andrea. I can only imagine how hard this is for you, and for her.

farm buddy said...

I am very, very sorry to hear about your sister. I know you will always be there for her, and I hope she is able to overcome this latest hurdle. You will both be in my thoughts.

Snipe said...

I'm sorry to hear about this, Andrea. You and your sister sound very close. Wish you guys strength as you fight this new threat together.