Thursday, October 18, 2018

Riding With Pain


Alternate title: Riding with "The Leg." Years ago I had taken to calling it "my stupid leg," and now I find myself doing that again. Ah, but this time it's not so bad!

Actually it makes me ride without my leg, though, which is a little confusing to my horse. Or maybe an opportunity to, ahem, "misunderstand" and drift toward her herd. :)

I think actually riding may have made my leg feel better last night. A little massage to help the fluid move? I don't know but I slept better last night. Of course I'd taken a couple muscle relaxants and a Tylenol with codeine for my head. Hmm. Maybe it wasn't the ride.

Enough about me. Let me tell you how much Halla likes her new saddle. She is more relaxed, less jumpy/spooky, happier to be cinched up. (She has a new cinch too. This one is plain old rayon or whatever they make the cheap ones out of. It feels more pillowy.) Her saddle doesn't roll. I feel so bad for riding her in that other saddle now! Of course this is only our second short ride in this saddle, bit I think it's a winner. I do need to cinch down the back of it so it doesn't yaw from side to side and scrub her loin area.

And here's my sweet old man eating his dinner. :) He's all about that good stuff.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It's no fun riding with pain. Could you add some rounded spurs -- bumpers-- or whatever they call them--to reinforce the lack of leg?

Nice saddle!