Monday, November 12, 2018

Old Times

I'm going through the old photos on my computer. Whoa, what a job. I take a LOT of pictures. Originally I was going to delete all the ones that aren't worth keeping but I found myself just looking for the best ones. Here are a few fun ones that were probably on the old, pre-Tonka blog, which has been deleted. I'm pretty sure nobody has even been around long enough to remember that blog. Horse Tales. Or Horse Tails. See, I don't even remember what it was called.

Here's my sister on Levi, her girls on Dyno and Sox, and Katia on Coda. I was probably riding Soxy, our good old appy mare.

Our boys. :)

My oldest niece on Sox again.

My younger niece winning a blue ribbon on Coda. He was so proud in the show ring!

He'd been a show horse his entire life and was dumped at the auction when he got old and skinny. Luckily a kind woman who couldn't really afford him picked him up and I bought him from her. He finished his life with our kids.

My brother in law in front with my nephew and his nephew, my nieces, a friend of the family, and my sister. What fun!

This (below) was a big trail challenge that covered miles on a big ranch. My horse had a narcoleptic episode and knocked down the electric fence in the middle of the night and let a bunch of horses loose. Lovely to wake up to galloping hooves in the darkness and try to quickly get your feet into cold, stiff boots. They didn't get far though. Then it rained all day the next day. It was fun, though!

A ladies ride. We were going to do them regularly. I don't think that happened. Or if it did, I didn't go.

Boy, I sure miss all of those horses. Soxy, Danni, Coda, Levi, Sox. They were family, and they were good to us. All gone now. I guess they made room for more horses in our hearts. I'm glad to have the memories.

And check out what Duncan is up to!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Is that snow recent??

How sweet to go down memory lane and honor the horses who brightened your life. It is worth remembering them. Changing a blog name is difficult. I’ve often wondered if I should, and I might. I am feeling the need to seek a different emphasis in my life. In reality, I did long ago, but incorporated it into the original theme.

Ladies rides. Too bad those didn’t materialize. People’s lives get busy, I guess. I try to make as many horsey friends as possible because it’s so hard to find someone to ride with. I sure hope you come up and ride with me sometime. Or, if I get Coggins, maybe meet between.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

That snow is recent, but not around here. Somewhere in the mountains in Montana.

I should come ride up there sometime. I used to ride at Riverside with the Mustang Club. Another thing that is no longer. :(

Maybe next spring I can come up and camp at the nice new campground. We meant to do that this year and never did. Then we could ride at Riverside or haul out to one of the other beautiful places where you ride. :)