Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Make it Quick


Yesterday it was beginning to snow a lot with a bit of a breeze and I almost let that stop me. I don't particularly like snow blowing in my face and most horses don't either. I made myself get out there anyway, and I learned that Halla isn't the type of horse that can't possibly walk into the wind, and she's willing to give it a try too. We did do our best to make it quick though, without hurrying.

I groomed her in the barn, just a quick scraping of a small amount of mud - she's a pretty tidy girl. Juniper is a huge pest and the barn is dark, so it's not really relaxing time in there, so we went outside the pasture and did a replay of what we had done the day before. This time any tension melted away very quickly.

We moved to the problem spot in the field and same thing. So we called it good. Lots of happy praise and a trip back to the barn.

Yesterday we had the most beautiful sunrise. I wish my phone camera would do it justice. I gave it a try:

1 comment:

Linda said...

Glad you’re keeping up the work, despite the weather! It will make a huge difference come spring. We used to have clinics next door during winter, but that trainer moved out. Makes me sad because she sure helped me get Leah ready for trails.