Friday, April 12, 2019

Mud, mud, mud

Oh, and of course flooding. Not the best picture, but the water is supposed to stay within those two lines on the other side of those two trees. All that expanse of water on the other side is the 15ish acres of our property that our neighbor grazes his cattle on. 

 Here you can see a pathetic horse in a wet pasture and beyond him the lake that isn't supposed to he a lake.

We do have a system if ditches and ponds to deal with water, but this was the worst flooding in 22 years, from what I heard.

Huckleberry really appreciates the ponds. Every chance he gets.

The water levels receeded a lot by the next morning. I feel really bad for the places in Moscow and Pullman that were flooded for real. Water was rushing through businesses, cars were floating down the street. That doesn't happen here. So strange. I am grateful that we are above the floodplain everywhere that it matters.

Bella was feeling extra frisky the other day. I just had to stand back and enjoy it rather than pulling out my camera. She can really put on the speed! She got Scout riled up too but he's got nothing on her. I did finally take my phone out for pics but it was glitching.

Juniper, as always, just wants all the attention, no matter how wet or dry, filthy or clean. I took her for a short walk and put her in with the redheads. Their pasture is drier. I'm not sure she appreciates the change.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I saw videos of Moscow Pullman. It was bad. Your pasture will benefit from all that water. Green green!