Sunday, June 25, 2006



June 25, 2006

This isn't mustang related, really, but it was horse time and we had a blast! I invited Kaia and Della out to ride with me yesterday since I had no kids. Then I got to thinking, if we took Soxy and Coda out and left Tonka, he'd have a fit and probably hurt himself. So I got Lyric and Emma and moved them across the property to the pen next to Tonka. That was interesting, leading them both. They did really well until we got up near the house where there are more things to be wary of. I had to ask Della to come out and help. Lyric pushed her around! Big dork! I would have sworn he'd be really good for her! But no... In his defense, all the horses were really excited, but I was still not too happy with the two we were leading. So Em and Lyric met Tonka up close for the first time. It was pretty anti-climactic. Some running around. Emma got shocked by the fence. I let them adjust for about a half hour and the we got Soxy and Tonka out and went for a ride around the property. Coda was feeling good! Even with both Della and Kaia on him (together they must weigh like 150), he was feeling the need to trot around. It's so nice to see the older horses feeling good. We had a lot of fun.

I am concerned about Soxy's eye. There's a bump on the third eyelid that doesn't look normal. And since Appaloosas are very prone to eye cancer and other problems of the eye, it has me pretty worried. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and have the vet out. But I leave for Hawaii tomorrow. I hope it can wait. Will see what the vet says when I call tomorrow.

Emma is sold! Her new owners are very nice people who know what they're doing. So she'll be going to her new home sometime in the next few weeks. They're moving and they didn't want Emma to have to go to their place, and then to a new place, all in a short period of time.

No comments: