Thursday, September 21, 2006

This is just one of the wonderful horses that could be going to slaughter on Monday, the 25th of September.

Can you help me spread the word on this? If you can’t donate, if you could pass the word on I’d appreciate it.

Up to 32 horses are going to be shipped to slaughter on Monday the 25th of September. If people donate to their cause some (maybe all?) can be saved. I am working with the rescue and they okay’d me to bring home two horses. But I can’t pay for them to get them out of the hands of the slaughter man, I can only afford transport, hay, care, etc.

If people could even send just ten dollars it would add up.

A list of all of the horses in danger can be seen here:
http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue.org/DEF-HorsesList.asp?PageType=Feedlot

I am trying to save two of these three, but I can’t be sure which, because they could be adopted at any time, and I hope they do get adopted! I chose these because they are broke, good sized, and not over 20 years old. I don’t have time to take on the untrained ones right now, and I am hoping to keep one for trail riding. I would like to be able to get a better assessment of them and then re-home one of them, which is a lot easier to do if the horse can be ridden.

Murphy still needs $675. Here is his profile: http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue.org/DEF-HorsesProfile.asp?HoID=367

George needs $700. Here is his profile: http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue.org/DEF-HorsesProfile.asp?HoID=395

Spud needs $825 (prices are based on weight, and this guy will provide a lot of meat). Profile: http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue.org/DEF-HorsesProfile.asp?HoID=390

Please feel free to donate to ANY of the horses, not just the ones I am hoping to help. Donate to the one that grabs your heartstrings. Or simply donate to the rescue so they can decide who to save.

Your donations would be tax deductible, since Columbia Basin Equine Rescue is a 501c3 non-profit organization. To donate go here: http://www.easycartsecure.com/CBER/Donations.html Donate the desired amount to the Pull Fund, and when you finalize your “order” you can specify which horse you’d like to save in the “special instructions” box. Or just let the money go to whichever horse they want to put it toward.

You can also donate via PayPal by using the address cberpal@yahoo.com. If you want it put toward a specific horse, the Pull Fund, or just whatever they need it for, specify it in the notes.

Or you could send the money to me but I would not be able to give you a receipt for tax deduction. Contact me via comments for more info on that.

Thank you for caring!

No comments: