Friday, August 24, 2007

My Little HelpersClara wanted to help me with the fence. She started by licking my fingers and wiping her slimy nose on them so I couldn't twist the wire without risking putting it up her nostril. Then she decided maybe she'd just hold the fence in place with her forehead. (I am very careful not to encourage butting by rubbing her forehead, but every now and then she gets ideas and just has to press her forehead on something.)
***

Tonka wanted to help too, but didn't quite know what to do with this stuff. Little did he know I was stringing a strand of electric to keep him from pawing at the fence at feeding time.
***

Here you see Tonka helping by providing a distraction while Lyric is learning to ground tie. He rifled through the grooming things, hoping for a tasty treat, since I wasn't giving him any. Lyric was smart, he didn't fall for it. He did look, but his feet stayed put.
***

I'm not sure whether Tonka is offering Lyric moral support or hoping he'll get rewarded as well if he stands there nicely. He did briefly think about picking up the lead rope and taking Lyric for a walk, but I let him know that I did NOT consider that helpful.
***
Poor kid. He SO wanted to be part of things. I did give him some love and groomed him a bit, but it wasn't his turn for training.

No comments: