Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I am so bummed! I called the guy who does the BLM stuff around here, and he totally shot down my idea of taking Tonka to the adoption as an ambassador. They don't need "our kind." Rideable horses only. Pooh. He was nice about it, don't get me wrong, but it still upsets me a bit. I shouldn't have let myself get so excited about it. I was thinking, if I take Tonka to the fair this weekend, and do more despooking exercises with weird man-made stuff, we may be able to go as a rideable horse and do fine. But then I thought, even if he does really well in my opinion, any spookiness or looking at things funny will be a bad example for mustangs. Which is not what I'm going for, as much as I would love to take him.

Just thought I'd share my disappointment. :(

Still planning on going to the adoption (horseless) of course.

No comments: