Sunday, November 11, 2007


Look at my big brave girl! She's so great. We had a great session today. Actually it didn't start off too well, because Clara the heifer is in heat and tried to mount me, reared up right in my face and scared the crap out of me. So I had to get after her pretty bad, which scared Bella and got her all worked up. I finally got to see her trot and canter though. Nice! She floats.

We did a short leading lesson where I worked more from her right side since last time I only led her on the left. She had a tendency to try to charge forward today, but we worked through that.

I tossed her lead rope up and over her back, rump, and neck for a while from either side, and then I took off my coat and sacked her out with it and put it on her. She really wasn't all that worried. When I rubbed it over her rump she flinched a bit, and when I walked her with it on her back she was cautious, but then okay. What a girl! She's really turning a corner. I love it.

No comments: