Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gosh what a day. I've been running non-stop and it's never going to end! Just stopping in to say that Scout's eye is probably going to be okay. I have to put some ointment in it three times a day and if it's not better in a couple days I'll have to put him on some anti-inflammatories and gastro-guard to protect him from ulcers. So I'm really hoping the ointment does the trick! I don't want to medicate him.

The vet really liked Bella. Told her she was a good girl and gave her several firm pats to the forehead. She must have taken it in the spirit in which it was given, because she didn't seem to care about the different style of handling.

After having to handle the little guy they were a little worried that I might not be able to catch Scout and do his ointment three times a day. I told them we'd be fine, he's not really all that bad. He struggled a bit more for them than he normally does for me. I would too if someone tried to stick a q-tip under my really painful eyelid and move it around. But at least now I know it's not just me, he really is a little spitfire. All the more reason to work with him as much as I can. So I'm off to do just that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ONLY way I could get ointment in my filly's eye was get her backed up in the corner of the stall, shoved up against the wall,left arm around her neck and left hand holding her nose. Thank goodness it wasn't her left eye or I could not have done it by myself ! I did not use a q-tip ! just squeezed some ointment in the eye . her blinking would spread it. Good luck to you. I'm sure it will be ok . Doris