Saturday, May 31, 2008

We've had a couple good rides this week. My horse is awesome. He's just a good boy. I'm so often amazed at the willingness of horses.


I was very excited to get my new bit in the mail, but it's too wide... Anyone need a 5.5 inch Myler comfort bit with a mullen barrel? I may need to steer away from the Myler bits, I can't seem to find any that don't have copper. I'm still not totally convinced he's allergic to the copper. I have to remember to check his mouth before I ride, as well as after. I know he had a lot of little red spots all over his lips and gums yesterday when we were done. :(

Bella is regressing... She doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Oh well, she'll just have to come back around. It's "out to pasture" time of year here, and I guess she got to thinking she didn't have to deal with me anymore. I'm going to make a point of going out every day, and most days just being nice and friendly. But sometime I'm going to have to get back to training them both.

Scout may well be a VERY dark chestnut. His mane is growing in almost black. Funny, because I would have sworn he had dun factor - shoulder bars, ear stripes... But maybe not. I'll have to get some pictures.

Well, I'm off to play with the beasties!

No comments: