Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tonka was a dressage star today. Okay, not really, of course. But I did get to ride him in my sister's really nice dressage saddle. Now I want that saddle. I rode in the Aussie afterward, and it was awful in comparison.
I'm not going to be able to ride in the Aussie anymore. It was great a great fit for him but now it's too wide. I think the flocking squashed down with use. Or something... Frustrating. Some day we will have a good saddle with excellent fit. I just wish I had one now.

Speaking of good saddles, my sister has this really nice custom Wade tree saddle. I tried it out today, and EEK, it felt awful. She really likes it a lot, but it is definitely not for me. It has this big rise in the front of the seat. I'll just say I'm glad I'm not a guy, but even with female anatomy it hurt. And the stirrups locked my legs in one position, and it was just bulky as heck, and HEAVY too. I rode her horse for the first time. Boy is he cranky. Pinned his ears and swished his tail the whole time. I guess he does that to everyone who rides him, other than her. She assured me he wouldn't do anything, and I said, "Yeah, right, and how many times has he tried to buck you off?" But I knew that just in the arena trotting circles wasn't the type of scenario he bucks about. She got on Tonka for about 30 seconds, but I guess his long stride hurt her back.

I have to go snuggle with my son now. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh I love that saddle! I always prerferred this type over a Western type. Just feels more in touch with the horse!