Saturday, September 13, 2008

If I'd known I was going to be in a parade today I would have dressed up. I was supposed to just take Coda over for my niece to ride, but I ended up getting drafted to lead the other old horse (ex-gaming horse) through the parade. Glad I did, she was in a bit of a hurry, and nervous about a few things.

Here's good old Coda and my very worried niece, ready to go:
My other niece on my dad's horse:

Coda again, with Grandma as support crew, and my brother-in-law on his excellent 4 year old paint:

Here's my nephew on his old mare, and me barely keeping up:
It was a lot of fun. I'm hoping to ride my horse next year. I agonized over whether I should this year, but I think it was a good thing I didn't. I don't think he's quite ready for all the balloons, flags, vehicles, and railroad crossings.

I better get back to scraping paint. John is calling me "productive." I think that's an excellent example of the use of sarcasm. :)

No comments: