Saturday, October 04, 2008

Today the weather wasn't much fun. I got very little horse time, just a little quick lovin' at feeding time. Poor Tonka was shivering this morning in the cold wind and rain. A good breakfast fixed that though. I fed them double tonight. Not sure if it's supposed to rain, but just in case... I thought about blanketing him, but this is how they get their winter coats, so he's just going to have to put up with it I guess.

I went shopping today. Ugh. Way too much shopping. I hate shopping. I get what I call "shopping sickness." I always thought maybe there was something especially wearing about all the slow walking or something, but Laura suggested maybe it was an anxiety attack when I described how I felt. Weird, that never ever occurred to me. I mentioned it to my sister and she said, "Well duh, I've know that's your problem for years." Not sure if that's true or if it's the know-it-all big sister thing going on. And I don't know if that's really the problem. I kinda hope that's not it. I'd prefer to think I have crappy stamina rather than an inability to cope with being out in the world...

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'm going to tie up Scout, saddle up Bella, ride either Tonka or Soxy, and put up some temporary fence to take advantage of the good shelter in the Mustang Pen. Since we didn't get the new run-in shed built this year we need to get a little creative.

No comments: