Thursday, February 18, 2010

I had to ride Cisco today because somebody bit Tonka right in the middle of his back. Cisco was a pretty good boy! He's herdbound and he got in a hurry some, plus spooking (pretending to spook?) when I asked him to take the lead. Otherwise it was a good ride. And great weather!

Sox is a pretty nice looking horse. And pretty uncomplicated for my dad to ride. He's not good for me, but that's okay, he's not my horse.

Back to the road after our ride. My dad is digging out his camera. Hopefully he'll email me some pictures to post.

Cute guy, done with his ride, all sweaty.
(His head isn't that huge. It's the camera angle.)

My dad took Sox down to say hi to the cows.

Sox is very cute too. This isn't a very good picture of him, but it's what I got.

Hope you're having a wonderful day! Spring has definitely sprung here. I saw a crocus.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow--you saw a crocus?? Your dad rides two days in a row with you?? How do you get so lucky?

nikki said...

I wish we had some of that nice spring weather in MN (send a little my way k?). We've had snow on the ground for months and I have a major case of Spring Fever. I can't say I'm looking forward to the mud that will come with the thaw though, but at least I wont have to wear 20 layers of clothes to stay warm!! :)

Love the pictures!

Pony Girl said...

Sorry Tonka got bit, hope it heals up soon!
What a lovely day for a ride! Glad your dad had a steady mount. My Boy is always spookier when he's in the lead. He thinks he's a wild stallion, on the lookout for danger that might threaten his mares. When he's following, he could care less. He lets someone else worry about cougars and lions and bears! :)