Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I'd had the same old phone for years now. It didn't take pictures or slide or have a touch screen or turn into Superman. But it was good and sturdy and I could trap it between my shoulder and my ear so I could talk hands-free. That is a long lost design spec, as phones are getting smaller and more streamlined and slick. But I traded it in. John offered me a new phone, one that the stores had used and were done with, so it was free. It slides two ways, has a full keyboard, and still doesn't have any games worth playing. I'll have to figure out how to add a game to it for those times I'm waiting in the car for someone. Anyway, now that I've bored you to death - my point, which really isn't that interesting.

I used my cellphone camera for the first time to get a picture of my horse. I shall call it, "Mom, please don't make me go through the pond again."
We went on a long ride today but we didn't go far. I spent a lot of time chatting with the neighbors. They're nice.

Tonka was a nervous nellie today. He was convinced a round bale at the neighbor's was going to eat him up. Then he thought there were probably crocodiles in the pond. And all sorts of smaller ankle biting vermin in between. With very sharp teeth. Such as scraps of garbage on the side of the road. He's a dork. But he's a lovable dork.

3 comments:

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Sounds like a good day. My phone takes pictures but I don't have a clue how to send them anywhere. I think I will be due a new one in May. Maybe I will, Maybe I won't.

Linda said...

I take pics with my phone when I don't have my camera. I took one this morning, as a matter of fact--a picture of manure! I don't know if I'll post that one. ;) Did you take him through the pond?

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

When I took the picture we had gone through the pond 3 or 4 times, finally ending with him not rushing out before I asked, and so I called it quits. I didn't make him go through again.